IT Guidance Framework
- 1. What exactly IS the Framework?
- 2. How does the Framework benefit senior management?
- 3. What are the primary benefits of the Framework?
- 4. What technology was used to develop the Framework?
- 5. Who developed the Framework?
- 6. What background & skillset is needed to use the Framework?
- 7. Does every association utilize the entire Framework?
- 8. Does our staff at-large have to become experts on the Framework?
- 9. What if we don’t have time to use the Framework on our own?
- 10. Is the Framework designed for small or large associations?
- 11. Why do we need a Framework?
- 12. If we use the Framework, what is ISCG’s role in the project?
- 13. Why did ISCG develop the IT Guidance Framework?
- 14. Will it help us with implementation-only efforts?
- 15. Are there other frameworks available for associations?
- 16. Do the templates contain actionable content?
- 17. Will it help us set realistic expectations?
- 18. Does the Framework clash with the vendor's methodology?
- 19. Does the Framework replace the consultant?
- 20. Will the Framework help with an IT Assessment?
13. Why did ISCG develop the IT Guidance Framework?
We believe associations should not have to go into an AMS, LMS, or Website project without having a proactive risk mitigation plan, where all the looming risks are identified up front before they become a crisis.
We believe associations should be aware of all the best practices to follow when selecting and implementing a new AMS, LMS, or Website.
We believe associations should know how to go about analyzing existing business processes so that effective changes can be made that will improve customer service, productivity, marketing and revenue opportunities, while minimizing customizations and maximizing the use of baseline software.
We believe the high rate of dissatisfaction with AMS, LMS, and Website implementations mandates a different approach to the evaluation, selection, and implementation process. We believe that using a comprehensive IT Framework to guide the process improves your chances of being on time, on budget, and on target in achieving the value and vision you set out to accomplish.
We believe associations should be guided by expert advice applied in a consistent manner so that they achieve the return on investment they had planned.
We believe associations should be able to control the consulting cost by deciding which tasks they can do on their own and which are best performed by a consultant. We believe associations should have a library of forms and templates, along with instructions and step-by-step guidance, for the tasks they decide to do on their own.
We believe associations should have the same benefits the large, industrial strength IT frameworks offer to the corporate world, without the heavy investment or learning curve mandated by those frameworks.